Here’s a dish that I’ve been making a lot lately. I mean, I’ve been WFH for over a year now. It’s healthy and relatively easy to make. BTW, I make this all the time but decided to post this recipe during my staycation. (Anyone know how I can have this not show up in the main blog post timeline? This belongs in the food section )
- butter, 3 tbsp
- cremini or baby bella mushrooms
- thai peppers
- eggplant – was optional before but I’ve been adding it in
- optional veggies – bell peppers, zuccini, brocoli, celery.
- chicken thighs
- sesame oil
- onion power (optional)
- white pepper (optional)
- red boat fish sauce (or any fish sauce)
- Dice up the onion, garlic, and mushrooms. Also dice up the thai peppers and set them aside. I usually add around 7 thai peppers. If you have a food processor throw the mushrooms in that thing to save some time.
- Cut the eggplant and any optional veggies into cubes.
- Cut the chicken thighs into bite sized pieces.
- Saute butter and garlic in a large pan. Stove on medium-high. After a couple minutes add the onion.
- After the onions have softened, then add the eggplant and optional veggies.
- After a couple minutes add the sliced chicken thighs.
- Add about 1/8 cup of sesame oil and 1/8 cup of the fish sauce.
- Add 1 tbs of onion power and white pepper if you like.
- Add the diced thai peppers.
- Stir occasionally.
- Cover and let simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Serve on top of rice. Or without especially if you already have lots of veggies.
ps. Don’t spill the fish sauce on your shirt or you going to smell like ***** all day. (I stole that one from Jo Koy, ref – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMvacIXzwH8)
Alright folks, let’s see your meal ideas. I know you’re cooking at home too.